Tuesday, March 24, 2009

100-Word Reviews: Vampires

now playing: Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home (Live at Neverender)

One thing before today's 100-Word Review: There's a review proper in the pipelines. You see, Coheed & Cambria's live magnum opus, Neverender, dropped today. And I've been waiting for it for quite some time. So keep your eyes open for that.


Switzerland's DJ Bobo is a unique person, probably most famous for his song "Chihuahua", used in a modified form for the trailer to Beverly Hills Chihuahua. This album is a dance-pop concept album about a vampire in love with a human, or maybe an angel; I'm not quite clear on that. "Vampires Are Alive" was his entry in 2007's Eurovision; he got a lot of ridicule for that, but I disagree. This album is a fun little distraction. I still spin it up whenever I want to dance or just goof off. Musically, it's not much. But it's definitely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment